Thursday, June 2, 2022

Welcome to the Great Yarn Stash Shrink Down!

 I love my stash, I truly do.  I love being able to start a project without a trip to the yarn store.  I love being able to find a contrast color for a hat, or a coordinating color for an afghan border.  There is an immediacy to having a large stash that can really enhance creativity.

My problem currently is that my stash is too big.  It took up the entire perimeter of the guest bedroom.  Then I acquired quite a bit of yarn last year, bought by me and acquired from my crochet guild. This caused spillage into the master bedroom, where I am also storing all of my current and hibernating projects.

So something has to be done.  I have to get the stash under control.  As a first step, I resolved in January to not acquire any yarn this year.  I have actually kept this resolution for 5 months and have even given some yarn away to crochet guild in the process.  This is a good start, but it is not enough.  I need a plan to actually shrink the stash.

I am still working out the parameters of the challenge I am about to set myself.  I just know that I am not getting any younger, and she who dies with the most stash sadly does not win.  It's time to make beautiful and useful items with yarn that has sat around unused for far too long.  Welcome to my great stash shrink down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How My Stash Grew/Color

  I turned 40 in 2000.  I had finally finished my education, I had a full time job, a marriage, a house and a mortgage.  I had the money, if...